No more waiting!




Have you ever had to wait for over 50 years for something? I have.

As a young girl, I wanted be a missionary when I grow up … I wanted to help people less fortunate than me have a chance in life, grow up and know about God.

I even knew I didn't want it to be Africa, because it seemed there were already enough missionaries there so I'd go somewhere else, maybe India. They had lots of people. Or maybe even Kuwait. Not sure of the location, but was confident of the calling.

In my teens, I have a couple of great short-term mission experiences. I went to Bible college, and seminary, all to get ready.

But, God had different plans for me.

Doors to go to missions closed. Doors with not-for-profit organizations opened.

So, I went in a new direction. I've been working in NFP and NGO marketing for the last 35 years.

It's been great. And much of this was related to helping the poor overseas. But it's not the same as being on the ground, working directly with children and communities.

Finally the wait is over. I booked my flight today - leaving Sept 28!

My childhood dream has become reality. 

Funny enough, it's in Africa - exactly where I thought I wouldn't go. Guess it's proof, our ways are not always His ways!   Isaiah 55:8  (In case you haven't figured it out yet - His are better!)

So, let the journey begin. It's gonna be great!

Someone asked me the other day, what is the objective of your blog? Good question. I had to think.

Here's the answer:

I want to give you the chance to see Africa and mission work from a fresh perspective, drawn from my experiences and Canadian viewpoint. I will share with honesty, candor and hopefully a little humor - the surprizes, the curious, the querks, the wisdom, the frustrations, the fun, the joy, the blessings - all of it.

I hope you will come on the journey with me.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook. Subscribe above to my Blog!

Be part of the conversation - Post your comments. Share your experiences. Tell us your reactions!

Don't let me leave without you!

Take a minute - tell us about when you had to wait what seemed like forever for something? And if you're still waiting - don't worry - it will work out soon. He has a plan for you too! Jer 29:11

Well, I better go.. time get packing!




Comments

  1. Blessings as you head out on your journey Jeanette - praying for you!



    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more of these posts. Now you will always be able to start even more great stories with " Well when I was in Africa....."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re right! Get ready - next one is coming soon ... from Africa!

      Delete
  3. Jeanette, thanks for your blog.... enjoy reading all the stories and the great work! Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome in Africa Jeanette!May God bless your heart to come and serve people in need especially orphan children!You are a blessing to a multitude!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

My Tanzania work permit was rejected. What do I do now?