A special Blessing for you this Thanksgiving


I love this book. I got it for 10 cents at a gargae sale many years ago. It's just page after page of things to be happy about - from fluffy pillows ... to beautiful sunsets ... to dill pickles (though they don't personally make me happy). Whenever I crack it open, I'm reminded of the thousands of things, experiences and people that make me happy ... and for which I should be thankful. That brings me to Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is one of my favourite times of year - I just think it's so cool that we have a day set aside to be thankful. Not that we shouldn't do that everyday, but it's just nice to know we have this day to be with family and friends (unless there's a global pandemic brewing!), let them know how thankful we are that they are in our lives and to remember all our many blessings.

This blog will be short and sweet..... I just want to pause amidst all the unknowns and craziness we are all experiencing to give a short list of what I'm thankful for (no worries, it won't be 10,000 items long)!

I'm thankful for God's love and peace in my life, my family and friends who are always there for me, the many blessings and freedoms we have by living in Canada and the joy of just experiencing life with all it's ups, downs and adventures. 

I'm also thankful for this new chapter of my life where He has opened the door for me to work with VIllages of Hope Africa, and I'm thankful for all of you who are coming alongside me with your support and prayers so we can impact the lives of many children together.

I pray you will be blessed this Thanksgiving ... whether you have to eat turkey on a zoom call, by yourself or actually get to be face to face with some of your loved ones. I want to pray a blessing on you from Numbers 6:24-26: 

The Lord bless you
and keep you
Make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you
The Lord turn His
Face toward you
And give you peace.

But why just hear this from me? 

VOH children from all 10 villages and 5 countries 
have recorded this special VOHA version of The Blessing just for you. 
I hope it helps remind you that, despite this crazy time in which we are living, 
God is still with you, will bless you, shine His face upon you and will give you peace. Enjoy! 


Happy Thanksgiving friends!

Post a comment on what you're thankful for!

Comments

  1. I am thankful for the technology that allowed our family to experience The Blessing of these beautiful voices as they sang for us from across the world. I am thankful for the HOPE of heaven where we will surely meet face to face and spend eternity with each other in the presence of our Lord Jesus! May God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

I'm Done!