Q3 Update - Kids Strutting, Parades, a Grad and more!

 Q3 has been crazy... in the best possible way! I'm back in Africa, getting settled. So much has happened in the last 3-4 months. Covid still hovers over several of the countries where we work, and in others (like where I'm living) you'd hardly know it exists. But either way, we continue to help the kids. Hope you find these updates helpful to see the mission from my raw perspective, learn what I'm up to and help you sense the joy of being part of it with me! 

2021 Q3 Update (July - Sept/Oct)    

Instead of sharing many different activities from Q3, I thought I'd focus on one big one that happened just after I arrived in Tanzania. It kind of encapsulates it all ... a Grade 7 Grad Ceremony!

What's been Happening

In this one event, I could see the vision and mission of VOHA and the same hopes and dreams we have for all the centres represented. The whole thing was over 6 hours long.... so I'll just share 3 parts: 1. The Fashion show 2. The Career Parade and 3. the Graduation presentation.


1. The Fashion Show
Primary children pranced around in fancy dress and suits, strutting their stuff. Why is this so cool? Because it shows their confidence and how VOHA is helping them to build self-esteem. 




2. The Career Parade
The Grade 2-3 classes did a parade of various careers they aspire to... we had a bus driver, flight attendant, doctor, basketball player and more. It touched my heart, because I see our tagline  "Bringing hope to children in need" realized. They have dreams and big plans for their future!




3. The Graduation
Of course, the stars of the show were the Grade 7 class. They were the epitome of joy, accomplishment and hope. They came in with dance, the parents were bursting with pride and happiness. It sums up why we do what we do.





If you're thinking - what's the big deal, it's the same as our kids' graduations ? .. the big deal is we need to remember, the children, who attend the VOH centre schools like this one in Mwanza, Tanzania, are the most vulnerable, needy children in the community. Without VOH, they likely wouldn't have had the chance to get an education, at least not up to Grade 7 or the chance to go on to secondary school and university.

Now, they are educated, able to get a good job and have hope for the future. Plus, they've built their confidence and self esteem and learned about God's love throughout it all. So, this Grad ceremony truly is a real-life example of the impact we are having thorough VOHA in all the places we work. And you and I are part of it.. Yeah, I know we play a small role in it all ... whether it's my organizational support or your prayers and giving.. but it takes all of us - the teachers, you and me to make it happen. How cool is that? 

So even though this Q3 update doesn't list all the tasks I've been working on or things happening around each centre, I think you get how the Grad Ceremony kind of says it all. 

A Quick Tour 

Thought you'd enjoy a quick tour of what it's like when I arrive to work each morning, starting with saying hi to Susan, the gatekeeper!


Thanks for letting me share this update with you! 

Blessings, Jeanette

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

My Tanzania work permit was rejected. What do I do now?