Happy Thanksgiving - Thankful for you!

 


As I live here in Africa, I'm reminded how much I have to be thankful for. This past week, in the child focus groups, I had children tell me how thankful they are for VOH - because they now have an education, food, clothes and shoes, and without coming here, their family couldn't afford it. I honestly don't know what it's like to be thankful for any of these things, as in Canada, I've never had a day when they weren't easily available to me. The children are so thankful. 

As I think of all the Goodness of God in my life this Thanksgiving weekend, I include you. I'm truly thankful that you are on this journey with me through your giving, thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

When I finished one of the focus groups, I asked if anyone wanted to say something to the donors who support me in my work at VOH. Sharon, a girl in the teen group, wanted to sing a song of thanks she wrote. In it she says:

I want to say thank you for the things you have done,
I want yo say thank you for the grace you have shown.
At first I was down, I never had a friend …
I’m turning into a bright woman
I want to say thank you
you played a part in building my future,
I want to say thank,
I want to say thank you
May the Lord bless you."

Thank you being a part of building a future for children like Sharon and for the blessing you are in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

I'm Done!