Well, I'm back in Mwanza. What struck me funny this time was, when talking about when I was going back, I found myself saying, I'm going "home" in a week, or going "home" next Tuesday. I had never referred to Mwanza as "home" before, but now it felt natural to say that. And I have to say, it feels good to be back. 


I've officially finished my "Home Assignment." It was an amazing time - lots of fu
n, but lots of work too. Over 8 weeks, I had over 100 in person visits with individuals and churches, thanking you for your love, support and prayers and inviting others to join me on this journey.


God has been so faithful! I'm excited to report that I have almost reached my fundraising goal. Currently, there is a shortfall of about $400/month. That's all that's left to go. 

I know this gap will be filled in the days and weeks ahead. I'm clinging to His promises like Phil 4:19, Eph 3:20 and 1 Thess 5:24 "He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it". So, I'm not at all anxious, just excited to see how and who God will use to close the gap.

Please pray with me that God will speak to the hearts of individuals and churches who are still thinking about becoming a monthly donor or giving a special gift, so the gap will be filled, the goal will be 100% met, and I will be fully equipped to continue the mission to which He has called me. 

Ok, enough talk about fundraising. I promise you; the next update will go back to focusing on the mission and the children - after all, that's why we are doing the fundraising in the first place!

A short update of what I've been up to since I got back. I've jumped right back into the thick of things. Other than trying to chase out a monkey that got into our office yesterday and was jumping all over the walls, hallways and desks (that was a first!), I've been catching up on my VOH work, reconnecting with the VOH directors and helping them with some key reports.

Here at VOH Mwanza, we are busy preparing for a very special event that starts this Saturday! We are hosting over 240 children with Albinism from all over Tanzania for a 1-week camp. We've converted the classrooms at Mwanza International School with loads of bunkbeds, installed extra bathrooms and showers, and getting the training we need so it can be a memorable time for the children. It's going to be a week full of fun, learning and so much more! I'll give you the report in next month's update on how it. I'm sure it's going to be great! Stay tuned for more!

For today, I just wanted to give you an update on the fundraising, ask you to pray with me and let you know I'm back in the field. 

Thanks again to each of you for all your love and prayers and for the many of you who made time to connect with me while I was home (the home in Canada that is!). Thanks for being on the journey with me. Keep praying! Talk again soon!

Many blessings! 
Jeanette

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

My Tanzania work permit was rejected. What do I do now?