An Update from Zimbabwe

 

I thought you may enjoy a little "Newsletter" update … with a brief overview of what VOH Africa is, some key lessons I've learned so far, a sample of a couple of VOH programs, an update of what I've been up to & what's next, and a fun fact thrown in for good measure ... Enjoy!      Blessings, Jeanette
Fun Fact

Did you know?

African women like to wear wigs .. and lots of them! There were several times I thought I was meeting someone new, when it was just a new look they were sporting that day! 

Our Contribution You & Me Together!

Here's a few ways in which I've contributed to VOH Africa so far ... and because of your support & prayers, you're part of it too!
  • Audited Monthly Financial Reports
  • Transferred Operational & Project Funds from donors to programs
  • Contributed to 2020 plans & initiatives
  • Participated in Initial 2021-2023 Brainstorming 
  • Reviewed 2020 Budget & Income Projections
  • Supported preparation of a Strategy & Funding Proposal for a new village 
  • And hopefully have blessed & encouraged the leaders, staff and children!

Top 5 Lessons I'm Learning so far....

5. Glimpse into how millions live everyday – daily power outrages, bucket showers, hand washing laundry, never mind no AC or cable TV. They work hard. Life is not easy. Yet, they are happy.
4. Go with the flow – Things work out - among ambiguity and change like my visas or where I live... no point worrying. It all works out.
3. Relationships matter – putting relationships over results creates a deep richness that results alone can never achieve. 
2. VOHA is doing great work and impacting lives - I've seen and heard more stories than I can ever tell. All touching. All amazing. All signs of VOHA effectiveness and, most of all, His love & goodness.
1. Trust God – He is showing Himself faithful. He won't let me down. He's got me! :)


What's Next?

I'm now in Harere, Zimbabwe, working at the VOH site there. Not sure for how long, maybe 1, 2, 3 months, who knows? As I wrote earlier, my Tanzania work permit got declined on New Year's Eve (along with that of many other foreigners) so we've decided to apply for a work employment permit in Zambia. If gets approved, I will move to Lusaka and make it my home base. If not, I will continue to move among the VOH villages for the rest of the year.. time will tell. Trusting Him it all will work out. For now, I'm set up in Zim!

Here are a few projects I'll be working on in the next few months:
  • Implementation of Enhanced Child Safeguarding Policy
  • Developing 3 year strategic plans with each of villages
  • Supporting program quality audits and initiatives
  • Annual Leadership Strategic Planning Meeting with Village Directors 
Thanks for your prayers!
Keep following me on FB, Instagram and my blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

My Tanzania work permit was rejected. What do I do now?

No more waiting!