It's my turn to stand by you


Since I started this mission journey, one thing that helped me through the many times when things were unknown, or didn't turn out as planned, was knowing people like you were praying for me, walking alongside me and standing by me. Now it's my turn to stand by you.

During this crazy time, I know many of you are going through the same thing - not knowing what the future holds and having roller coaster emotions of feeling anxious one moment and then trying to remember God's faithfulness the next. I'm writing my blog this month just to let you know that I'm here for you. I'm praying for you and will be standing with you, just like you have done for me. 

Perhaps we can find a hint of how to handle all this from the people in Africa. Many live everyday in desperate situations, but they have a deep dependence on God. Maybe it's because they have no other choice, or they've seen His faithfulness in the past. I'm not sure. But, I've seen how, though they have real concerns, they take them to God and trust He will answer and provide. And He does.

I get that Africa and Canada are completely different contexts, with totally different circumstances, but, right now, a lot of us are going through that same horrible feeling of uncertainty. In spite of this global crisis, as we go into Easter this weekend, I pray you will have the same confidence they have and sense a deep peace knowing He loves you deeply and will provide for all your needs... whatever they are at this moment - be they physical, emotional, spiritual or more.

We're continuing to help the children and most vulnerable at VOH Africa during this time. Though all the schools are closed right now, and many of the countries where we work are in lock down, we are finding ways to stay connected with the children, keep them safe and are providing care packages for the communities. Pray for the African countries, especially those with dire health systems, and for the VOH directors as they lead during this difficult time. I'm continuing to support them with my work from here, and trying to take it one day at a time, just like the rest of you. 

In closing, I was trying to figure out how best to encourage you in the midst of all this craziness. I thought of doing a little karaoke video where I serenade you with "Stand by me" but the lyrics are asking you to stand by me, and it's my turn to stand by you. (Besides, my singing might scare you!)

Instead, let me leave you of the truth of Philippians 4:13, "My God will supply all your need, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" and this video of a couple of house moms and children from VOH Zambia... singing in a van on their way home, reminding us He has the whole world in His hands... that includes you!! :)


Hang in there. Much love, and HAPPY EASTER!
Jeanette

ps. Let me know if you'd like to have a video coffee break - to pray together, catch up or just hand out! It would be fun.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

My Tanzania work permit was rejected. What do I do now?