I've made the decision....


I had no idea what I'd be doing today when I wrote my first blog just over a year ago and declared I was "jumping off the deep end" into missions. I made a one year commitment. Having no clue what I would do after that.

For the first half of the year, I was always worrying about what would happen when the year was over. But, in January, I made the conscious decision to let go, trust God for my future and live in the present. It made a big difference. Enjoying the moment. 

Then COVID came along. So now, I'm back in Canada, continuing to support Villages of Hope Africa from here.

Since I've been back, one thing has become very clear - I'm not done yet. I feel the call to missions and sense God wants me to continue as part of the ministry of VOHA, using my gifts and skills to help vulnerable children.

So, I've made the decision - I'm applying to be a Global Worker with Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (the parent denomination under the which the branch charity, VOHA, resides). Over the next few weeks, I'll be going through the process. Please pray that His will is done and that the next step of my journey/calling is confirmed. 

It's the same work and the same mission, but an extended commitment... for as long, or as little, as the Lord wants me there. I have no idea if that will be for another year, 2, 5, whatever. I just know I have a sense of peace that this is where He wants me for today. And tomorrow, I leave to Him.

I hope this blog doesn't come across as "me-centered". I realize we all have concerns on our minds right now and are living with uncertainty of the future.  Rather, I'm hoping it will encourage you and remind you that the truth to live in the moment is more important than ever.

We can't worry about tomorrow, all the details of what may/may not happen or what will happen in a year or 10 years from now. Believe me, just because I feel I have clarity of the immediate next step, I have tons of unknowns of what happens after that. If I think about it, I get overwhelmed and start to worry. 

So, instead of worrying, let's focus on today, take the next step as each door opens or closes, and trust Him for the future. For me, that means stepping into being a global worker today. When the time comes, the rest will work out too! I encourage you to do the same.

The good news is that we know Who holds the future … and we know He has a plan for us. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you... plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope." 

He will work out all the details for us, today and tomorrow, one day at a time. After all, He loves us!

Thanks for your prayers as I take this next step. I'll pray for you too - that we will learn to live for today, trust Him for tomorrow and then wait and see the wonderful surprizes He has in store for you!

Jeanette

Comments

  1. That's great news, Jeanette. Very happy for you! Praying that everything goes smoothly as you prepare to go back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such encouraging words! Congratulations Jeanette. So much love to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanette that's wonderful, you've always had a heart for missions! Bob and l are happy for you! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings and strength to you as you seek to do our Lord's will

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

My Tanzania work permit was rejected. What do I do now?