Urgent Personal Prayer Request

This isn't the update I planned to send this month. It was supposed to be 2022 highlights of the great things God did in and through VOH last year. Suffice to say, lots of great stuff happened, children's lives were impacted and God is good!

But instead, I have an unexpected personal update and need for prayer.

Long story short..... I had a chest x-ray in August, before I left for Tanzania, and they found something. For those who don't know, I came home just before Christmas, due to my 90 day business visa limit, to see my aging mom and to follow up on this with a CT scan. Turns out I have an 11 cm mass tissue "draping" over my heart. It had shown up in a CT scan several years earlier and they didn't think anything of it then, but now that it's grown (albeit slowly) and is near my heart, the surgeon told me it's best thing to just get rid of it, do a biopsy and make sure it's nothing, and then I can "get on with my life." (aka missions)

I found out today my surgery is booked for this Friday, Jan 14. As all surgeries for benign cases are cancelled, the surgeon said it opened an opportunity for me to get operated on sooner than later.

So, I wanted to update this blog so those who are partnering with me on my mission journey can keep me in your prayers - for peace, that the surgery will go well, that I recover quickly and that they find out it's nothing (or if it is something, that God turns it into nothing!)

I was booked to return to Tanzania today. Wish I was on the plane, but after alot of prayer and seeking advice, I feel it's wise to deal with this now and then I can move on! I've spent the last 12 hrs, since I heard surgery was happening in 2 days, tying up things that can't wait, working with my boss to hand stuff over and determining what can wait until after my expected 2 wk recovery. We are in good shape, and God willing, it will all go well and I'll be back in Africa sooner than later (I'm hoping March!)

But for today, and the days ahead, I need your prayers, and am so thankful I can reach out to this great network of family, friends and church partners to stand with me. 

Thanks for your prayers!
Many blessings,

Jeanette

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

My Tanzania work permit was rejected. What do I do now?