The New Role has Begun

 A couple of weeks ago I shared that God had opened a new door for me to continue to serve in missions by joining the Africa & Middle East Region Team of PAOC Mission Global.


The role has begun! I'm back in Tanzania ... ready to work, ready to serve!

While I unoffically started working several weeks ago, it feels good to be back home in Mwanza. There's nothing like being in the heart of the ministry.

You may be wondering "What are the first things on your to do list"? 

Here's 3 Top Priorities: 

1. Getting to Know the Region's People & Programs

2. Participating in Africa ChildCARE Plus (CCP) Workshops

3. Supporting the Region through Leadership Tranisition


First, I want to begin to know the global workers and programs in region. While I know many of them already, there many more with whom I have not yet engaged. I'm excited to see the expanded reach and diversity of global workers, partners and ministry in the AME region.

Second, partnering with ERDO, I am part of online regional workshops for global workers and local partners involved in the CCP programs for vulnerable children. The sessions are designed to building capacity and develop new skills to impact the children as well as to integrate with community development in their areas. It is bringing me back to my World Vision days, discussing things like Child Well-Being Indicators and Community Mapping. I've already attended a few sessions and have been so impressed with the depth of training. In the upcoming weeks, we will be holding 2 more workshops and then begin to set plans in place to implement the new tools.

Third, I will be supporting the region, especially with the leadership transition happening over the next two months. If you are not yet aware, our current AME Regional Director, Jeremy Feller, was elected to the role of Executive Director, Mission Global at our General Conference last month. We will really miss him in the region, but know he is the person God has annointed for his new assignment. As he transitions and a new leader for the region begins, I know there is a lot to be done. Whatever project and support is needed - I'm here, ready and willing. 

There's lots more. My role also includes being the Tanzania field adminstrator to help facilitate PAOC's mission work in this nation and there are a few projects that need attention. Plus I'm getting ready to go to some exciting training in Uganda in August (more about that later) and to teach in the bible college again in September.

In sum, the work has begun! I'm getting tired just thinking of it all, but more so, I'm energized! I ask for your continued prayers that God will equip and guide me on this new journey.


Many blessings,
Jeanette

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want you to know 2 things ....

Jambo (Hello) from Africa!

No more waiting!